Terms & Conditions
Conditions binding on all Sellers, Bidders and Buyers
- These General Conditions of Sale are issued by Bargain Hunt Auctions Ltd (referred to in the Conditions as “the Auctioneers”).
- The following Conditions of Sale must be strictly adhered to along with the Important Sale Information which is displayed to bidders on all auction catalogues. The terms shall regulate the sale of each lot to any Seller, bidder and buyer who has been approved by the Auctioneers and shall be considered to have accepted these terms.
- The following conditions are binding on all Sellers, Bidders and Buyers:
- The words “Lot” and “Goods” refer to items sold at auction sales conducted by the Auctioneers.
- “The Buyer” shall mean the maker of the highest bid accepted by the Auctioneers on the close of the timed online auction.
- “Hammer Price” shall mean the highest bid accepted by the Auctioneers excluding any VAT/ Buyer’s Premium that may be included thereon.
- “Buyer’s Premium” refers to the premium of 20% (plus VAT) which is levied on the Hammer Price of all lots plus 5% i-bidder surcharge.
- “Seller” includes any prospective Seller except where the context otherwise requires.
- “VAT” means Value Added Tax at the current rate of 20% which will be charged on lots.
Conditions Regulating the Conduct of the Sale (Bidding)
- All lots are ‘sold as seen’ with all faults, typographical, photographic and quantity errors and may contain cosmetic imperfections, visible damage or may be beyond economical repair. No guarantees are given regarding suitability for purpose. Sale of Goods Act 1979 does not apply.
- We can provide condition report as a statement of opinion only and are not to be taken as being or implying representations of fact or part of any contract. We are not going to perform a full functionality test on any lot. Please note that most items are untested retail returns which may or may not be in working order, second hand, unclaimed property or failed deliveries items unless mentioned as Brand New in the Description
- All lots sold at Bargain Hunt Auctions are either Brand New or Untested
- All lots not graded as Brand New are otherwise Untested.
- Bargain Hunt Auctions do not guarantee the functionality of any lot.
- You (the buyer) shall be deemed to have inspected the lots you bid on. If you bid without inspection you shall do so at your own risk.
- All electrical appliances are bought at your own inspection and should be checked by a qualified person before use.
- The Auctioneers will always strive to accurately describe any lot (s) that is to be sold however neither the Auctioneers nor Seller are to be held accountable for any faults and errors or mis-statement of description.
- All descriptions are at the auctioneers discretion and generic images may be used.
- Buyers should note that certain goods sold at auction are suitable only for spare parts or as scrap. Buyers should check the safety of any mechanical, electrical or technical items purchased before attempting to use. Electrical faults may not always be apparent at the time of processing a lot therefore under no circumstances are the Auctioneers to be held responsible for any faults, misdescription of condition or errors discovered after the close of sale on timed auction.
- The highest accepted bidder, subject to Seller’s Reserve (if any) shall be the Buyer.
- The Auctioneers reserve the right on behalf of themselves and of the Seller to set a reserve price, alter lot descriptions, remove items, re-arrange, consolidate or withdraw any lots, or vary the order of the sale prior to the close of sale on timed auctions.
- The Auctioneers shall not in any circumstances be obliged to announce any reserve price.
Buyer Premium & VAT:
- All Lots are subject to 20% VAT on the Hammer Price unless otherwise stated.
- All Lots are subject to Buyers Premium 20% + VAT plus 5% i-bidder surcharge.
- All buyers must pay within 3 days of auction ending. Payments can be made via Bank Transfer, Cash on collection, Debit/Credit card (Chip and Pin only). We will send a payment link via i-bidder email to make a payment of winning lots. We do not accept card payments over the phone. You will not be able to use Debit/Credit card without chip and pin.
- Any buyers who fail to make a payment within timeframe or default on payment may be “blacklisted” and barred from all further sales on i-bidder.
- We will not be able to release the goods until cleared funds received as mentioned above.
- To book a viewing please call or email us with the lots you are interested in viewing.
- No Viewings can be accommodated within the last 24 hours of the sale.
- All lots must be collected within 3 days of auction ending.
- Collection available between 11am to 3pm Tuesday to Friday. We are closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- The buyer is responsible for the cost of removal of winning lots.
- All items must be checked onsite.
- Any disputes must be raised onsite.
- No refunds will be issued once items have left our premises.
Deliveries and Packaging:
- When arranging your own courier your name and buyer number must be quoted by the courier or your item will not be released and courier turned away. Deliveries must be booked in within 24 hours of auction ending and lots must be collected by the courier before 72 hours (3 days) deadline.
- Packaging charges apply please call or email us for more information.
- To use our delivery services please call or email us for more information.
- To arrange a delivery please do so within 24h of auction ending.
- Bargain Hunt Auctions will not be held responsible for any damages incurred to items in transit. Once it leaves our premises it is the buyer’s responsibility.
Late Collection / Storage Charges:
- Please be aware that if goods remain uncollected after the 72 hours (3 days) deadline, late collection/storage fees will be applied at the following rates:
- From £1 per lot per day
- From £10 per pallet per day
- All items not collected within 10 days of auction ending or the late collection charges exceed the total invoice amount then the lots will revert back to Bargain Hunt Auctions.
- Bids cannot be cancelled or retracted unless authorized by the Auctioneers.
Insurance & Risk
- Goods are at the Seller’s risk until sold and it is for the Seller to make appropriate insurance arrangements until goods are handed to the buyer on the close of sale on timed auctions.
- All goods purchased are the Buyer’s responsibility from the moment they are sold to the buyer, on the close of sale on timed auction. The Buyer should make his own insurance arrangements with effect from that time.
- The Auctioneers will take reasonable care of the goods whilst in their care and in the event of their staff assisting to remove the goods after the sale.
- All lots are “Sold as Seen”, we do not state if a lot is faulty therefore carry no guarantee. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Consumer Rights Act 2015 do not apply. Buyers can view and test the goods before bidding. You can make an appointment and visit our premises in person.
- Refunds will only be issued if the lot sold has been misdescribed/ sold incorrectly.
- When collecting in person disputes/ claims for refund must be raised onsite.
- Delivered Item(s) must be inspected within 48hrs, disputes must be raised within
48hrs of receiving the item(s).
Liability for Accidents
- Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer shall be under any liability pursuant to section 6 of the Health and Safety Act 1974. The purchaser must undertake such reasonable and practical steps as are sufficient to ensure that his purchase will be safe and without risk to health and safety when properly used.
- Bargain Hunt Auctions will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury occasioned or sustained by persons on the premises
The Auctioneers have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting its business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods and changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.